03 August 2007

silly story three

"The Story of the Shameless Sloth"

It is not unusual for people when they board a bus to want the entire row onto themselves. Oftentimes, however, there are enough passengers to make private rows impossible. Yesterday was such a time.

The bus was already crowded when I boarded but there was a seat available in the front row. I said "excuse me" and asked my future row-mate, who was occupying the aisle seat, if I may sit.

She threw me a scornful look and yawned her knees to the right to permit me to squeeze past. Then I asked, "Are those your things on the seat?" She looked at me with hatred and, with the speed of a slug, collected her umbrella and juice bottle but left the dirty napkin.

I wedged myself past her knees and sat, noting that half of her left buttock remained firmly planted on one-third of my seat. I didn't complain since I had more than enough space. But I did think about all the fun I was going to have writing about her on my blog.


The moral of my three stories is that there are silly people everywhere. We can't hope to escape them, but we can laugh at them.

No comments: