02 December 2006

my cat fix

I taught a yoga class today and was well rewarded. Not only did my students teach me how to become a better teacher, but there was a cat!

The cat lived in the house where we held the class. Finally, a cat I can catch and pet. A cat I could molest while my students reposed in Savasana.

Most people in Lima have dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, too. In fact, this paragraph is entirely devoted to the subject of "dog."

So anyway, back to my point... There's something about being able to roll a cat around, pull it by its little paws and drag it across the floor, swoop it up in the air and throw it around like a furry rag, watch it run away and back, and do your darnest to swat it away and have its purring little mug pressing back, insisting to be scratched.

Ahhh... I feel better already.

No comments: