19 November 2007

division of labor

Did I tell you that I moved in with Carlos? Since September I've been living in southern Manhattan, in a sunny studio with partial views of the Brooklyn Bridge and surrounded by architecturally unremarkable skyscrapers.

I like not having to wonder if we'll see each other on a particular day because now, as busy as we are, we can see each other every day.

Another way our living arrangement is working is the division of labor. Carlos, though a true artist at heart, is shy in the kitchen. But, I like to cook and Carlos makes an attentive and eager sous chef. I also like to wash dishes. Carlos hates washing dishes. I hate mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing the floor. He loves it. I also hate to do laundry, but I love to fold. Carlos loves to do laundry, but hates to fold.

If only he wasn't allergic to cats, I would rate him a 10.

No comments: